Views: 3 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-09-16 Origin: Site
Functional Requirements of Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspection Robot for Pipe Gallery
The integrated pipe gallery is generally composed of four cabins: power cable cabin, integrated water supply cabin, communication cable cabin and gas warehouse. The integrated water supply tank contains air-conditioning return water pipes, air-conditioning water supply pipes, reclaimed water pipes and water supply pipes; bridge-shaped brackets are set up in the communication cable compartment to place communication cables. When the power cable and the communication cable are laid in the same cabin, it is necessary to add anti-electromagnetic interference measures for the communication cable; there is a separate gas pipeline in the gas cabin, which is not suitable for joint construction with other pipelines due to the high risk of gas; There will be rainwater storage tanks inside the integrated pipeline gallery, which are mainly used to collect rainwater, relieve the pressure of urban rainwater peaks, and increase the utilization rate of rainwater.
The gas pipeline uses seamless welded steel pipes, but the pipe gallery is located in the underground where the air humidity is high, and the steel pipes will corrode over time, and gas leakage will occur. Power and communication cables are all flame-retardant or non-combustible materials. At the connection of power pipelines, the core is prone to unevenness, which can cause fires due to heat. In order to cope with accidents such as gas leakage and cable fire, fire isolation walls will be installed every 200m in the interior of the cabin where the gas pipeline and power cable pipeline are built. The underground pipe gallery is located deep underground and is prone to groundwater infiltration. Long-term flooding will reduce the service life of the equipment. The enclosed compartments for a long time are prone to produce harmful gases and endanger the lives of internal staff.
Figure 1. Infrared thermal imaging inspection robot.
There are environmental characteristics of humidity, dim light and harmful gas leakage in the integrated pipe gallery. In the face of such a working environment, the pipe corridor infrared thermal imaging inspection robot must have stronger capabilities to complete the corresponding inspection tasks. In this regard, new functional requirements for infrared thermal imaging inspection robots are proposed:
1) Flexible mobility: The robot needs to complete basic motions such as forward, backward, and turning in the complex environment of the integrated pipe gallery. It also needs to carry an infrared thermal imager and a high-definition camera to complete fixed-point monitoring and easily pass through the fireproof zone in the pipe gallery tunnel. Doors and other tasks.
2) Comprehensive perception ability: There are water supply pipelines, reclaimed water pipelines, rainwater pipelines, sewage pipelines, natural gas pipelines, heating pipelines, power cables, and communication cables inside the pipe gallery, which is a place with multiple signals and transmission objects. The robot needs to detect the pipe information and environmental parameters inside the pipe gallery in real time through infrared thermal imaging.
3) Real-time transmission capability: The robot should transmit the monitored infrared thermal imaging information and its own status information to the remote control center in real time, so that the control center can quickly and accurately grasp the operating conditions of the internal equipment of the integrated pipe gallery.
4) Remote control capability: the inspection robot can stably receive the command control of the control system and perform corresponding operations, so that the remote control system can control all the inspection robots in the corridor.
5) Long-term endurance: The underground comprehensive pipeline gallery can be as short as several kilometers and tens of kilometers long. The inspection robot needs to consume a lot of energy to complete an inspection. In order to ensure that the robot can complete the inspection task, the robot must have a long battery life (one-time charging battery life ≥ 2h). At the same time, the robot also needs to monitor its own power in real time. When the power is insufficient, it can autonomously return to the charging compartment for autonomous charging.
6) Autonomous positioning capability: When the robot discovers an abnormal situation during the inspection in the pipe gallery, it needs to report the geographic location in time, and the staff can rush to the accident site to solve the problem as soon as possible based on the location information sent by the robot.
SUANGSI INFRARED designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes thermal cameras and solutions to meet the needs of a broad range of markets.
The reliable service includes the sale of thermal cameras up to delivering turn-key industrial solutions for Electricity, Waste disposal, Health Quarantine, Storage, Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering and Fire & Rescue applications.